Selecting sulci

Questions about Anatomist manipulation

Moderators: denghien, riviere

Olivier Coulon
Location: MeCA research group, Institut de Neurosciences de La Timone, Marseille, France

Selecting sulci

Post by Olivier Coulon »

Hi there,
I would like to extract several bits of sulci from an individual graph. More precisely, I would like to select a few nodes in the graph, that fall under the same label. For instance, nodes having the label S.C._left. My problem is that I don't want ALL the nodes labelled S.C._left but just afew of them. I was wondering if there is an attribute that can differentiate those nodes. May be "index" (I don't know the meaning of this attribute) ? I am not sure if the index value is unique within a graph.
If I have such an attribute, my idea is to look at the graph in an anatomist browser, get the value of the attribute for the sulci I'm interested in, and send this value as an input argument of my program...
Thanks in advance,

Olivier
Olivier Coulon
Institut de Neurosciences de La Timone,
Aix-Marseille Université,
Marseille, france
https://meca-brain.org
riviere
Site Admin

Post by riviere »

Hi Olivier,

One solution would be to manually rename some nodes, then you could use the existing selection system...
But the index is also a possible solution, provided you manually provide the indexes of all nodes that are interesting for you (but this will rapidly become painful).
The index attribute is unique in a graph, it is assigned upon creation (by the Vip library) to each node, but in different graphs, the same index has no common meaning.

Denis
Olivier Coulon
Location: MeCA research group, Institut de Neurosciences de La Timone, Marseille, France

Post by Olivier Coulon »

Thanks Denis,
The index attribute is unique in a graph, it is assigned upon creation (by the Vip library) to each node, but in different graphs, the same index has no common meaning.
this is OK for me. I want to do all this at an individual level, not as a generic (i.e. subject independent) process. What I want to do is select different bits of a sulcus to merge them into a single object. That implies getting all the buckets of the different bits, merging them, and remeshing the result. It's not very complicated, but it's the selection process I am wondering about :how to select the different bits I want to merge. I suppose the best thing would be an anatomist module allowing me to do the selection by clicking, but I've never done that so I want to be sure it's necessary before I start.

Olivier
Olivier Coulon
Institut de Neurosciences de La Timone,
Aix-Marseille Université,
Marseille, france
https://meca-brain.org
PeterK

Post by PeterK »

Olivier Coulon wrote:Thanks Denis,
this is OK for me. I want to do all this at an individual level, not as a generic (i.e. subject independent) process. What I want to do is select different bits of a sulcus to merge them into a single object. That implies getting all the buckets of the different bits, merging them, and remeshing the result. It's not very complicated, but it's the selection process I am wondering about :how to select the different bits I want to merge. I suppose the best thing would be an anatomist module allowing me to do the selection by clicking, but I've never done that so I want to be sure it's necessary before I start.

Olivier
I had to do something similar with S.C. too. What I did was I used the depth field in the database to number the order of the segment in the sulcus. So then my remeshing would know how to joint the segments