How can I make an RGM texture for anatomist?

Questions about Anatomist manipulation

Moderators: denghien, riviere

PeterK

How can I make an RGM texture for anatomist?

Post by PeterK »

For now it seems like that the tex files only allow you store an indexed texture value.
Is there a way where RGB fractions per nodes are stored and displayed directly?
riviere
Site Admin

Post by riviere »

Hi Peter,

This is a feature of the next version of Anatomist...
In Anatomist 1.30 (the current stable version), textures are 1D or 2D (coords in a palette or in a 2D image). There is no direct RGB mode in textures in OpenGL as far as I know (unless I have missed something in the doc), so RGB texturing needs either a 3D texture image (which would consume a huge amount of memory on the 3D card) or multitexturing.

Multitexturing will be available in anatomist 1.31 (the development version): in this version you can make a fusion between 3 textures (if your 3D card has 3 texture units) and assign one palette for each channel (red, green, blue for instance). You will need 3 separate textures to do so (split the 3 RGB channels). I have not allowed 3D textures at the moment, I'm not sure it would be useful because of the memory it would need...
If you like risk and are not afraid of programs that explode at your head, you can try a development package, at your own risk, just to see what t looks like (but we generally make such packages only for ourselves for testing).

Denis