Anatomist (BV v3.02 on MacOS 10.4)

Questions about Anatomist manipulation

Moderators: denghien, riviere

synic

Anatomist (BV v3.02 on MacOS 10.4)

Post by synic »

Hi,

Just to signal a bug: when I try to open a big bundle, anatomist crash on my mac :(, but work well on Windows XP:) .
On the other hand when I try to track (with brainvisa v3.02) on the whole brain, the DTI pipeline crash on windows XP :( but work very well on my mac :).
bw

michel
Yann Cointepas

Post by Yann Cointepas »

Thanks for the information, it is very useful because we barely test Windows and Mac version ourselves.

We already noticed that tracking uses a lot more memory on Windows as on other systems. We do not know why since it is exactly the same code.
riviere
Site Admin

Post by riviere »

Hi,

Could you describe a bit more precisely what kind of crash occured, please ? Just to know if it is related to memory consumtion or to a "classical" bug.

Denis
synic

Post by synic »

sorry there is no more information on my mac than "l'application anatomist a planté inopinement" but I can test something to have more information about this crash if you want, just give me the instruction.

another little thing not very important : bundles are opened in black on mac OS and not in red like on windows.

thank you very much !

michel
Yann Cointepas

Post by Yann Cointepas »

For bundles, it may be a lighting problem. The lighting is activated by default and it is not appropriate for bundles (this will change in a future release). There is a tab called "Advanced" (or something like that) in the material edition panel that allow to remove lighting. Once ligthing is off, you can change the color and transparency of bundles (do not forget to remove selection because all selected object are displayed in red instead of their own color).
riviere
Site Admin

Post by riviere »

Anatomist may be a little bit more verbose when crashing when it is run from a terminal: at least telling if it crashed with a segmentation fault, a memory error or something else.
The ultimate solution is to run it in a debugger, but I won't ask you to do so (especially if you don't have the developer tools installed).
Denis
synic

Post by synic »

thanks !
synic

Post by synic »

On Mac OSX the anatomist's weightlessness mode (ctrl space) doesn't work.
Precisely, it's impossible to launch this mode but there's no crash.
riviere
Site Admin

Post by riviere »

Hi,
On Mac, the ctrl key is replaced by the apple key by the window manager. Try <apple>-<space>. I can't test it right now: I have no Mac here.
The bundle crash may be fixed for the next update: we have found and fixed a bug here in Anatomist (not specific to Mac), maybe it's the same bug.
Denis
synic

Post by synic »

The <apple>-<space> doesn't work :cry:

I can't also work on another disk than my system disk :( maybe there is a specific command to go or to mount a second disk ?

thanks again for your work and solutions :D

michel
as_dub

Re: Anatomist (BV v3.02 on MacOS 10.4)

Post by as_dub »

Hello!

Do you have any update by chance on this issue? is there a way to get the "weightlessness" view on a Mac OS?

Thanks!

AnneSo
riviere
Site Admin

Re: Anatomist (BV v3.02 on MacOS 10.4)

Post by riviere »

Hi,
On our Mac (MacOS 10.5), the <apple>-<space> key is bound by the system on "spotlight search" (I don't know what it is but it actually prevents the weighless mode of Anatomist to work). In the system settings, in "keyboard and mouse", "keyboard shortcuts", I could disable the shortcut. After that, Anatomist gets properly the key combination, and the weightless mode works.
I don't know if it is the same on other versions of MacOS.
Denis