Serving Anatomist On A WinXp Machine

Questions about Anatomist manipulation

Moderators: denghien, riviere

Aaron

Serving Anatomist On A WinXp Machine

Post by Aaron »

Hi,

I am just wondering if it is possible to install Anatomist onto a WinXP Machine, and then allow it to be served to multiple other pcs? Instead of having to install the anatomist software onto each individual pc?

If so, how would you go about doing this?

Thankyou.

Aaron.
Yann Cointepas

Post by Yann Cointepas »

Anatomist is mainly a 3D visualisation program. I think that it is not possible to display the GUI of one program on another PC on Windows (but I do not know advanced Windows features). Some software may allow this but keep in mind that Anatomist uses the hardware of the graphic card through the Open GL library, a visualization server will probably not be able to use hardware acceleration on its distant clients. Therefore, Anatomist may become slow on distant PC.
riviere
Site Admin

Post by riviere »

Hi,
Or maybe you just mean install it on one PC, then run the installed version from other machines ? It should be possible to install it on a networked shared disk. The only thing is that absolute paths to the installation directory are needed to run programs, so the shared disk should be mounted with the same disk letter (X: for instance) on all machines.
Denis