Exporting Brainvisa's results (?)

Questions about BrainVisa usage and installation

Moderators: denghien, riviere

Yasser_Aleman

Exporting Brainvisa's results (?)

Post by Yasser_Aleman »

Hi, here disturbing again

I have another question to do.
Can I export some of the brainvisa results to use them for another process. An example.
How can I extract the results of segmentation process from brainvisa and use them as information for automatic identification of the different zones.
1 Can I do it?
2 How can I do it?

Thanks again and I will take a break I swear :wink:
Thanks a lot
Sincerely
Yasser
Last edited by Yasser_Aleman on Thu Nov 25, 2004 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
riviere
Site Admin

Post by riviere »

Hi Yasser,

I'm not sure I am catching the point of your question...
You can use the results of segmentation and export them for other programs, of course, yes. But you may have file formats conversions to do. The main segmentated structures (white and grey matters) are extracted as 3D images and should be easy to export. Now if you are interested in the sulci, our tools extract them as a structured compex object (a graph) in a structured complex format. There is a process to convert them into an image (a volume of labels): in anatomy/morphometry/Create Sulcus Label Volume (you need to be in "expert" mode to have access to it).
Converting 3D image formats is done using the AimsConverter process (or directly the underlying commandline: AimsFileConvert).

But I can't tell you how to use all those in other external processes...

Denis