morphometric statistics - bug in the left graph model ?

Questions about BrainVisa usage and installation

Moderators: denghien, riviere

François Leroy

morphometric statistics - bug in the left graph model ?

Post by François Leroy »

Hi,

When I apply "Morphometry statistics" to fully labeled cortical folds (from morphometry toolbox), I get proper measurements for the right hemisphere and NOT for the left one. Any measurement for every left fold is equal to 0!!!

Is there something wrong with the left fold graph model, ie., Lfolds_model_noroots_2001.arg, which is in the following subdirectory: cartopack-Mandriva-2008.0-i686-devel_4.0-2008_10_22i2bm/share/shfj-4.0/models/3.0/Lfolds_noroots_171201/

Thanks for your help,
Francois
riviere
Site Admin

Re: morphometric statistics - bug in the left graph model ?

Post by riviere »

Hi François,

I don't have the same problem. I actually get figures for the left hemisphere.
The possible causes I can imagine are:
- wrong model/graphs matching: left model + right graphs or the contrary
- wrong nomenclature/labels used in graphs (if graphs are manually labelled using labels not in the left model)
- wrong label_attribute parameter for auto/manual labellings (but 'auto' should work unless both labellings are available on the same graph)
- bug in the devel 4.0 version you are using, but you should not be using this one at the moment, and anyway if it works for the right side, I don't see why it would not work for the left one. The models are exactly the same.

At this point I really think you have done a mistake somewhere when using the process...
Denis
François Leroy

Re: morphometric statistics - bug in the left graph model ?

Post by François Leroy »

Hi Denis,
Yes, you are right: the Brainvisa graph model is fine, either in the right or in the left hemisphere.
I found the bug. I think it comes from the parameter "label_attribute", whose default setting is "auto".
I set it to "name" and it worked fine.
Thank you for your help.
François