QBall glyphs rendering from .bck file and database issues

Questions about BrainVisa usage and installation

Moderators: denghien, riviere

Danilos

QBall glyphs rendering from .bck file and database issues

Post by Danilos »

Hi there,

as in subject, can you tell me how to visualise QBall glyphs once having run "Diffusion model pipeline" process and having got both DTI.bck and QBall.bck files :?:
I was suggested to load the QBall.bck file (along with three - red, green and blue - corresponding files) into Anatomist by clicking onto the nearby "eye", but there's no "eye" link to Anatomist near the .bck file... :?

By the way, when importing data with "Generic Diffusion Importation" process, even though I correctly (I guess) set the database folder in Preferences… > Databases, I get the error:

Cannot find out in which database "t2_diff.referential" should be inserted.

Could it be up to an error I made in database folder setting process? The path I introduced for the t2_diff.nii output file is equal to the path to the folder I set as database in Preferences… Could the absence of the "eye" link to Anatomist near .bck file be due to such database issue?

Thanks in advance for any help you will have the chance/time to give me.

Danilo Scelfo.
Dominique Geffroy
Site Admin

Re: QBall glyphs rendering from .bck file and database issues

Post by Dominique Geffroy »

Hello,

It is normal that you don't see any eye near the model files resulting from the Diffusion Model Pipeline (.bck). Currently, there isn't any viewer available for this type of data in BrainVISA. The aim of this model file is to be used for fibers tracking in the "Fiber Tracking pipeline".

For the error you get while importing data in your database, I don't know why it happens. How did you fill in the parameters of the importation process ? Could you attach a screen copy ?

Dominique
riviere
Site Admin

Post by riviere »

Hi,
The only tool to visualize the local diffusion data was the "diffusoid" process, but the last time I tried it it seemed to be broken...
Denis
Danilos

Post by Danilos »

Hi guys, thanks for your replies.

Dominique, I got what you told me about the aim of the .bck file. However, I wonder how to visualise the QBall glyphs then, since all the correspondent information are store in it, if I'm not wrong. What if I like to visualise QBall glyphs as the rendering in the paper:

Perrin - Phil Trans Roy Soc, 360 (2005) - Validation of QBI...

(if I'm not wrong, the author got the glyphs rendering with brainVISA).
About the issue on the error I get during the "Generic Diffusion Importation" process, I attached some screenshots. As you can see from screen01 and screen02, output directory for t2_diff and dw_diff matches with the set databases folder. The error I spoke about is in red. Screen03 shows the output file in the indicated folder, as settings.

Riviere, how to try and use the diffusoid process you mentioned, to see if it's still not working?

Thanks for any further suggestion on these issues.

Danilo.
Attachments
Database folder settings
Database folder settings
screen01.png (45.88 KiB) Viewed 4866 times
database folder after GDI process
database folder after GDI process
screen03.png (30.21 KiB) Viewed 4866 times
"Generic Diffusion Importation" process and error
"Generic Diffusion Importation" process and error
screen02.png (167 KiB) Viewed 4866 times
Dominique Geffroy
Site Admin

Post by Dominique Geffroy »

Hi Danilo,

Ok, you didn't use correctly the importation process that's why it doesn't work. You mustn't fill in manually the output parameters of the importation process, you have to use the red button and to fill in information about data you want to import. According to the information about data, Brainvisa will automatically generate the file name.
I suggest you read the part about databases in brainvisa manual to understand the concept of database in Brainvisa. Then, you should have a look to Data importation part in the same manual, you will find a concrete example.

The process Diffusoids Denis told about is in "Diffusion and Tracking" toolbox. You have to change your user level to expert in Brainvisa preferences to see it.

Dominique