Prepare Subject for Anatomical Pipeline

Questions about BrainVisa usage and installation

Moderators: denghien, riviere

Melanie PELEGRINI

Prepare Subject for Anatomical Pipeline

Post by Melanie PELEGRINI »

Hi there,

When using "Prepare Subject for Anatomical Pipeline", I cannot manage to validate the coordinates of the left hemispheric point. I click on the point in Anatomist, the coordinates are correctly (apparently) written in the appropriate field of the BrainVISA process, but they are not written in the .APC file :evil:

Any hint would be very much appreciated...

Melanie
Melanie PELEGRINI

Post by Melanie PELEGRINI »

Answer to myself :lol:

It looks like the coordinates of the left hemispheric point need not be written in the .APC file ?
If the point is on the right-hand side of the image in an axial window in Anatomist, it is OK because Anatomist assumes a radiological convention, as explained in the help.
If the point is on the left-hand side of the image in an axial window in Anatomist, BrainVISA warns that the image is in neurological convention and says that it should be flipped.

Am I correct ?

In this case, maybe just two lines in the documentation would help, just to precise that one should not expect to find the coordinates of the LH point in the .APC file...

A go back to my pipelines...
riviere
Site Admin

Post by riviere »

Hi Mélanie,
Yes you're right: the LH point is not written because it is only useful during the PrepareSubject process to determine if the image should be flipped or not. After this step, the left hemisphere is supposed to be almways on the same side.
The documentation ? What documentation ? Er, hum, yes, I guess you mean there should be a documentation for the .APC file... well, yes, you're right again :)
Denis