Region of Interst Area

Questions about BrainVisa usage and installation

Moderators: denghien, riviere

Zahir Momin

Region of Interst Area

Post by Zahir Momin »

Dear BrainVisa users and developers,

I am using BrainVisa to to analyze differences in diffusion coefficient on day 0 and day 5 of patients that presented in acute diabetic ketoacidosis. I need to select a ROI of a particular area in terms of mm^2 or cm^2. I am using the Disc and modifiying its size roughly to look like 1cm^2. To be precise, is there any way in brainvisa that I can find out:
1. How to put a region of interest of a particular size?
2. How to know the area of a certain region of interest?

Thank you for your time and help.
riviere
Site Admin

Post by riviere »

Hi Zahir,

1. The current stable release of Anatomist only allows to choose a brush shape (point, disc, sphere) with a size in voxels. If you are using images with anisotropic voxels, it will probably be difficult to precisely obtain the surface you want.
The development version allows to choose the brush size in mm. But in any case regions are drawn voxel by voxel so you probably can't get exactly the right surface but only something approaching. The brush size is the radius of the disc and is incremented 1mm by 1mm at the moment.

2. I don't think there is something to directly measure the volume of a ROI in Anatomist right now, it's something that needs to be added, but at the moment you have to either use the AimsVoiStat command, or export the region as mask and use the AimsMassCenter command on the region mask.

Denis
Zahir Momin

Post by Zahir Momin »

Dear Riviere

The development version on the website is an earlier version than the release version. Do you know how I can get my hands on the development version.

Zahir
riviere
Site Admin

Post by riviere »

Yes the development version is a bit old, I'll try to make another one for linux soon. Anyway even this "old" the development version includes new features that are not (and will never be) part of the stable version updates (updates are only bugfixes). But you're right, some important fixes have been done since we made these packages.
Denis
riviere
Site Admin

Post by riviere »

Here you are, there is a brand new development version for linux in the download section (I removed some old versions too to make some free space on the server).
Remember this version is a development snapshot and may not be completely stable...
Denis
Zahir Momin

Post by Zahir Momin »

Dear Riviere

Thank you very much for putting it up so quick.

Zahir