morphometry statistics and r

Questions about BrainVisa usage and installation

Moderators: denghien, riviere

dave

morphometry statistics and r

Post by dave »

I'm a relatively new user to BV, apologies if this is a silly question.

I'm currently running BV on debian-sarge; this morning I installed R (apt-get install r-base) as the documentation for the Morphometry Statistics section said it was required for additional statistical computation. However, after I installed R and enabled run_dataMind, I recieved this error:

------------------------------

Process Morphometry statistics 1 started
Morphometry statistics runningconfig : /tmp/neuro5102_104.cfg
siMorpho

in Morphometry statistics 1 TypeError: unsupported operand types for +: 'NoneType' and 'str'

in Morphometry statistics 1 TypeError: unsupported operand types for +: 'NoneType' and 'str'

neuroProcesses.py (1003) in _processExecution:
result = process.execution( self )
morphometry.py (305) in execution:
for subject in subjects : f.write(subject+'\n')

Process Morphometry statistics 1 finished

------------------------------

Running the process with run_dataMind set to 'false' returns no errors. Does anybody have any insight into what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks.
riviere
Site Admin

Post by riviere »

Well, I think this is a bug inBrainVisa which occurs when you try to run the DataMind module on data which are not in a BrainVisa database. I guess you have selected the "data_graphs" files using the standard file browser, and selected files that are not accessible using the magnifying glass icon, right ? In this case the input files don't have the attributes the module expects.
It is actually a bug that we'll fix for the next release, but you can overcome it if you are using BrainVisa in its "normal" environment using its database-like system (but I wonder how you could produce graphs without it).

Denis