brainvisa + intel + MAC

Questions about BrainVisa usage and installation

Moderators: denghien, riviere

pifou

brainvisa + intel + MAC

Post by pifou »

hi,

the darwin package for brainvisa does it work on MacPowerBook with intel processor?

I am not already tried :wink:
I ask before install

thanks by advance

Stephan
riviere
Site Admin

Post by riviere »

Hi,

We don't have a Mac with Intel processor, so we have never tried ourselves.
I think some people have already reported some trials on this forum, with some little problems as far as I remember. Try searching...

Denis
pifou

bv + mac book pro intel + FC6

Post by pifou »

hi

Question 1
--------------
i installed BV : SHFJ_pack-stable-darwin-3.0.1
on my macBookPro
When i tried to launch BV i have some errors. Before to do some horrible things to my mac, i don't an expert, i ask some advices. My errors are :

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/SHFJ_pack-stable-darwin-3.0.1/brainvisa/neuro.py", line 49, in ?
import neuroConfig
File "/usr/local/SHFJ_pack-stable-darwin-3.0.1/brainvisa/neuroConfig.py", line 36, in ?
from backwardCompatibleQt import *
File "/usr/local/SHFJ_pack-stable-darwin-3.0.1/brainvisa/backwardCompatibleQt.py", line 35, in ?
from qt import *
ImportError: dlopen(/usr/local/SHFJ_pack-stable-darwin-3.0.1/lib/python2.3/site-packages/qt.so, 2): Library not loaded: /System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ImageIO.framework/Versions/A/Resources/libJPEG.dylib
Referenced from: /System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ImageIO.framework/Versions/A/ImageIO
Reason: Incompatible library version: ImageIO requires version 1.0.0 or later, but libjpeg.dylib provides version 0.0.0

Do i install the libjpeg.dylib version 1.0.0 and that's all?
if must recompile the package, do you have a guide line to do that?

Question 2
-------------

i install BV on a FedoraCore6. the icones in the main Brainvisa windows appear only when i clik on the text line. In anatomist, some icones are white. In the main windows the beautiful logo is white. In the windows who are open with image, all the icone on the left side are white. Do you have solution?

thanks by advance

sg
riviere
Site Admin

Post by riviere »

Hi,

Question 1:
Why did you install BV version 3.0.1 ? It's not the latest and it only works on MacOS 10.3.
If you have MacOS 10.4 you *must* use the 3.0.2 version: read the doc about supported systems, it's clearly stated.
Moreover we have never tried a Mac/Intel.

Question 2:
Here you're right, we have already seen this problem, and fixed it for the next update. We think it's a bug in either Qt or the X server.
You can fix it in brainvisa:
edit <SHFJ_pack>/brainvisa/neuro.py, find the line:

Code: Select all

QApplication.setColorSpec( QApplication.ManyColor )
and remove it (or comment it out)
Fixing it in Anatomist requires a recompilation, so you will not be able to do it simply.

Denis
pifou

MacBook pro (intel) + BV

Post by pifou »

hi

sorry i did not see macos section

so i download the 3.0.2 version
i followed the readme instruction

when i invoke the commande
sudo ./SHFJ_pack-stable-macos-10.4-3.0.2/setup.sh

i have the message :
Building BrainVISA cache
DcmDataDictionary: Cannot open file: /usr/local/SHFJ_pack-stable-macos-10.4-3.0.2/lib/dicom.dic
SHFJ package is now installed. Enjoy.

so ...
when i launch BV, the main windows appeard but it is not active. It is always in the background. The main bar at the top of the screen does not containt the BV menu. I don't have the menu Brainvisa, Preference Support.
In the windows open by BV, like importT1MRI i can push certain button like the loupe but not the directory icone so i can't importe data ... i can't search my file.

i saw in the forun that "alexandre" install BV in a intel base mac. He have only font size problems? all option work?

The solution for the icones in FC6 work well
thank you

thanks by advance

Sg
pifou

anatomist + mac intel

Post by pifou »

hi

Bv have problems but with anatomist i don't have the same problems

i have always the error :
DcmDataDictionary: Cannot open file: /usr/local/SHFJ_pack-stable-macos-10.4-3.0.2/lib/dicom.dic

but all button work well and the bar menu at the top of the screen work well.

maybe those informartions help you?

Stephan
riviere
Site Admin

Post by riviere »

Hi,

I have seen your problem thousands of times... Mac graphical programs cannot get focus (and menus) unless their application is setup in a .app directory tree with an appropriate organization. I have struggled many many times to get it work properly, but there are always cases that do not work... With each MacOS release (or sometimes update), there are some differences in the behaviour.
One point I noticed quite recently on MacOS 10.4 is sometimes you have the problem when running BV from a terminal, but not when double-clicking the icon in the Finder, or vice versa. I have no explanation, it's magic. Couldn't find a doc on the phenomeneon.
I will try to check what I can when I have time...

Denis
riviere
Site Admin

Post by riviere »

For the dicom.dic problem, I guess this dicom dictionary file has been forgotten in the package. I will check too.
Denis
pifou

mac + intel + champion

Post by pifou »

hi,

i launch BV by the finder and every thing that i test work well.
bravissimo

i just change the permission of .brainvisa to conserve my parameter and show goes on

Stephan