how representing a medial axis transformation?

Questions about BrainVisa usage and installation

Moderators: denghien, riviere

Tristan

how representing a medial axis transformation?

Post by Tristan »

Hello
I'm looking for a way to represent a medial axis transformation of an hippocampus.
The file.mesh is not useful because the number of point for each face is variable : it can be 2 or 3.

2 2948 1609
2 1369 1609
3 2948 1609 1369
2 2948 1369
2 1375 1452

do you have an idea?
thanks

Tristan
riviere
Site Admin

Post by riviere »

Hi Tristan,
I'm sorry I don't understand your question... What do you want to do ? Apply a coordinates transformation to a mesh file ? Store this transformation matrix ?
And what is this file.mesh ?

Denis
Tristan

Post by Tristan »

ok,

I calculate the medial axis of an hippocampus.
And i wonder how i can represent the result, because the number of points for each face is variable : it can be 2 or 3.
So i can't use a mesh file or a tri file.
do you have tool which can represent a mesh whith a number of points variable for each face?

Tristan
riviere
Site Admin

Post by riviere »

OK I think I understand now, you want to make a 3D representation of the axis itself.
We don't handle meshes with mixed polygons (anyway, OpenGL does not either), you have to chose at the beginning: triangles, squares...
Polygons with 2 points are segments: so do you want to only display a line ? This is not possible in the current release of Anatomist (but it will be enabled in the next one).
But you can also represent lines as cylinders. There is a command in Aims to generate cylinders.

Denis